A heavy-duty portable band saw can take on a multitude of concrete and metal projects of various shapes and sizes with ease.
Portable band saws built with a ball and roller bears, chain drive mechanism, worm gear, and a self-lubricating system (no oiling needed) are constructed with long-term use in mind. A metal guide offers ease adapting a saw to a variety of onsite materials.
Features to a portable saw include a quick blade change system, high visibility, adjustable material guide, variable speed trigger (adjust settings to suit a particular application), blade guide rollers, integrated hang hook (position a saw without damage to castings or front handle), large front handles with ergonomic soft grip(ease in control and more space) and 1 – 5.3hp motors.
A band saw w/base can convert from a bench-top cut off saw to a portable, hand-held metal band saw in no time at all. Accessories to complement a portable band saw include a heavy-duty kit box, hex wrench, and a variety of standard (1/2 x 44-7/8-inch) sized band saw blades.
A portable band saw in a lightweight, well-balanced design makes lifting and cutting that much easier, with greater overall control with a large, soft grip handle – resulting in a more accurate cut.
1. DEWALT DWM120K 10 Amp 5-Inch Deep Cut Portable Band Saw Kit
Durable and versatile, the DEWALT Deep-Cut Portable Band Saw Kit features a powerful 10 amp motor with variable speed control for material-specific and application-specific cutting performance. Also offering an LED sight that indicates the cut line, ergonomic grip options, and an integrated hanging hook, this work-horse saw is packed with little details that make your life easier.
- Powerful 10 amp motor handles tough applications
- Variable speed control from 100 to 350 sfm for versatility
- 5-inch deep-cut round-stock capacity; 5 by 4-3/4-inch rectangular-stock capacity
- LED sight light makes cut line easy to see
- Ergonomic handle design for improved control
- Includes hex wrench, standard blade, and kit box
2. Milwaukee 6238-20 AC/DC Deep Cut Portable Two-Speed Band Saw
Milwaukee’s new 6238-20 Deep Cut 2-Speed Band Saw delivers unprecedented durability and performance without sacrificing portability. Providing best-in-class power at 11 Amps, revolutionary cut visibility, and the industry’s largest cutting capacity, these band saws still deliver on the heritage of long-term reliability and performance that make Milwaukee band saws the standard in industrial metalworking.
- Featuring new and exclusive Job Site Armor technology made of proprietary composite materials and crush zone barriers that provide long lasting protection, the new line of Deep Cut band saws are designed and built to last.
- An all metal direct drive system provides game-changing durability, delivering the maximum tool life possible while requiring less servicing than a chain drive.
- In addition, the gear protecting clutch extends gear and motor life by absorbing high impact forces caused by blade lock-ups, and a new debris protection system delivers longer pulley life by removing dust and debris during tool use.
- The 6238-20 Deep Cut 2-Speed Band Saw comes designed with a slimmer motor housing to increase the user’s line of sight, delivering superior cutting accuracy and revolutionary cutting visibility.
- Its balanced body design allows the tool to rest naturally and comfortably in the user’s hands, and a lighter 14.5-Pound build provides more control over the tool with less fatigue.
3. Makita XBP02Z 18V Portable Band Saw
The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Portable Band Saw (model XBP02Z, tool only) delivers cordless metal cutting power to the jobsite. The XBP02Z has a Makita-built high torque motor and a compact design with less weight for a range of cutting applications in a variety of metal materials. It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. The Makita 18V LXT battery has the fastest charge time in its category, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
- The XBP02Z features a Makita-built high torque motor and a 6-setting variable speed control dial that delivers a no load speed of 275-530 ft./min. for faster metal cutting through Unistrut, all thread, channel, corrugated, conduit, pipe, sheet metal, square tubing, and more.
- The adjustable foot protects material and provides positive support for more accurate cuts.
- The XBP02Z weighs just 14.3 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at 20-5/8″ long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue.
- The XBP02Z is also equipped with a built in L.E.D. light that illuminates the work area for more efficient work, as well as rubber bumpers and a removable hook.
- The XBP02Z is engineered for a range of metal cutting tasks, and it’s perfect for electrical, HVAC, installation, metal building, metal fabrication, plumbing, and any pro contractor who requires a best-in-class engineered cordless portable band saw.
4. DEWALT DCS371B 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Band Saw, Bare-Tool
The DEWALT DCS371M1 20V MAX lithium-ion band saw (bare tool) features a 2-1/2″ cut capacity, and the ability to cut up to 2″ SCH 40 pipe. The centered handle position provides superior balance and ergonomics and allows for more accurate cuts and less user fatigue.
- A LED Work Light with 20 second delay illuminates dark work surfaces for accurate cutting.
- This unit has an integrated hang hook which allows users to hang the saw without damaging the front handle or base.
- The special blade tracking adjustment increases blade life by providing better blade tracking, and the tool less blade changing lever loosens blade tension to allow for easy blade changes.
- The dual bearing blade guide rollers provide increased durability in the blade support system.
- This band saw also has an ergonomic soft grip back handle which provides the user with comfort and flexibility.