Wet dry vacuums are the best to clear up the mess that accumulate in garages, workshops and also in basements where woodwork is carried out or car/machinery repair is done. Cleaning up a greasy, messy floor is a hassle. It includes hard labor with harsh soap and water. It is tedious and messy too.
- Wet dry vacuums are hi-tech, effective machinery
- How to select wet dry vacuums
- Features that a good wet dry vacuum cleaner should have
- 11 Best Wet Dry Vacuums 2017
- 1. WORKSHOP Wet Dry Vac WS1100CA 11-Gallon, 6.5 Peak HP Wet Dry Auto Vacuum Cleaner
- 2. Vacmaster 8 Gallon HEPA Vac with 2 Stage Motor, VK811PH
- 3. BISSELL Garage Pro Wet/Dry Vacuum Complete Wall-Mounting System, 18P03 – Corded
- 4. Hoover Vacuum Cleaner GUV ProGrade Garage Wall Mounted Utility Vacuum L2310
- 5. Craftsman 9-17761 16 Gallon Wet and Dry Vacuum with 6.0 Peak Horsepower
- 6. WORKSHOP Wet Dry Vac WS1400CA High Power Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner, 14-Gallon Shop Vacuum Cleaner, 6.0 Peak HP Wet And Dry Vacuum
- 7. DEWALT DCV581H 18/20-Volt MAX Cordless/Corded Wet-Dry Vacuum
- 8. Milwaukee 0880-20 18-Volt Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum
- 9. Vacmaster 5 Gallon, 5 Peak HP, with 2-Stage Motor, Wet/Dry Vacuum, Wall Mountable and with Remote Control
- 10. PowerSmith PAVC101 10 Amp Ash Vacuum
- 11. DEWALT Bare-Tool DC515B 18-Volt Cordless 1/2 Gallon Wet/Dry Portable Vacuum (Tool Only, No Battery)
Wet dry vacuums are hi-tech, effective machinery
The technology that is behind wet dry vacuums has undergone some real improvement. Today, wet dry vacuums are very effective tools to clean up the floor. Their application is no more limited to the workshop area. They are much more effective and create much less noise than the initial models. The wet dry vacuums are frequently referred to as shop vacs.
How to select wet dry vacuums
You can select from an endless range of shop vacs. They come in many colors and sizes. For cleaning up workshops, the small sized wall mount vacuums are the best. They need 1.5 HP of energy and perfectly clean up the floor quickly. You can hang them up on walls after you are done with all the cleaning.
The most common size of wet dry vacuums is the 6 gallon wet dry vacuums. It has wheels attached to the bottom so that you can move them around while cleaning the floor. They work really well and finish all the cleaning without any hassles.
The wet dry vacuums which are less than 10 gallons do not work smooth. They create a lot of noise which can be irritating. They also can topple over resulting in more mess. They offer a small tank. They need to be emptied very often. In case you want to use wet dry vacuums in garages, you should go for those models which come with larger capacity.
Those with a tank capacity of 10 gallons and 6 HP are good enough. The larger the capacity of the tank, the more garbage you can fit in at a time. You need not take the heck of emptying it over and over again.
Features that a good wet dry vacuum cleaner should have
Wet dry vacuums are fit to clean up all kinds of mess. They are good for cleaning up saw dust, nut bolts, water, nails and wood chips. Look for a vacuum cleaner that is durable and versatile. Your vacuum cleaner should be potent enough to clean up gallons and gallons of water if needed.
Check if it has auto shut off mechanism it the unit becomes full. Your wet dry vacuum cleaner should come with wide wheels so that is can be moved around smoothly and the chances of it toppling over is minimized.
1. WORKSHOP Wet Dry Vac WS1100CA 11-Gallon, 6.5 Peak HP Wet Dry Auto Vacuum Cleaner
The Mobile Shop vacuum cleaner station/car vacuum cleaner is the ultimate in organized storage, easy debris disposal, power and convenience. The perfect wet dry auto vacuum cleaner for car or workshop cleaning.
- 6.5 Peak HP 11-Gallon Wet and Dry Vacuum
- Features a unique on-board drawer storage solution for tools and accessories
- Flat, hinged top also doubles as a secondary work surface
- Supply caddy on back keeps extra supplies within reach.
- Backed by a 5 year limited warranty
2. Vacmaster 8 Gallon HEPA Vac with 2 Stage Motor, VK811PH
The Vacmaster Industrial 8 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac is a certified HEPA system and has an ultra quiet 2-stage industrial motor. In independent tests, the Vacmaster Industrial VK811PH showed an efficiency of 99.996% in the 0.3 micron particle size range, meeting and exceeding the HEPA efficiency requirements set by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and required under the Renovation, Repair, and Painting (RRP) Program.
- It features 4 levels of filtration inlcuding a HEPA cartridge filter, microfiber pre-filter, high-efficiency fine dust filter bag with closure flap, and an exhaust filter–all for HEPA compliance
- To qualify as a HEPA system, a unit must capture and retain 99.97% of all contaminants down to 0.3 micron in particle size
- This commercial vac also comes with a lighted plug, crushproof industrial hose, and foam filter sleeve for picking-up liquid materials – all at an affordable price
3. BISSELL Garage Pro Wet/Dry Vacuum Complete Wall-Mounting System, 18P03 – Corded
Being able to mount the Garage Pro on the wall gives you more floor space in your garage, and means you won’t have to maneuver around it all the time. Since it has a 32-foot hose, you can still reach inside your car and around the garage with the vacuum mounted on the wall. The 4-gallon dirt tank is semi-translucent and has an LED Full Water Tank Indicator so you won’t have to guess when it needs to be emptied.
- The 12-amp motor provides powerful suction for garage cleaning needs, whether you’re vacuuming your car or tidying up the shop
- The wet & dry vacuum was engineered to handle spills and messes from liquids to dirt and grime
- The blower is ideal for keeping your work area free of debris
- Seven all-purpose tools make car detailing a snap. They’re versatile enough to handle just about any task. And you can conveniently store them in the included accessory bag
- The wall-mount design conveniently keeps your BISSELL Garage Pro ready for use yet out of the way
- The 4 gallon dirt tank is semi-translucent so you can see the level of water and debris in the tank, to empty as necessary
4. Hoover Vacuum Cleaner GUV ProGrade Garage Wall Mounted Utility Vacuum L2310
Keep your garage, vehicle, or workshop Hoover-clean with the Pro-Grade Garage Utility Vac (GUV). This convenient and organized central-vac system provides the power of a pro-grade vacuum in the comfort and convenience of your own garage, so you’ll never have to waste time at the car wash or with a dustpan again.
- Easy wall mount assembly
- Utilizes a 10-amp, 120-volt motor for powerful suction
- Rugged, high-capacity, bagless vacuum for workshop or garage
- Features a heavy-duty steel canister, five-gallon capacity, and lifetime filter
- Is wall-mounted to save floor space
5. Craftsman 9-17761 16 Gallon Wet and Dry Vacuum with 6.0 Peak Horsepower
This Craftsman wet/dry vacuum has a 16 gallon tank paired with a 6.0 peak horsepower motor, making it an excellent choice for home improvement, garage, and outdoor cleanup.
- Powerful motor and large 2 1/2-Inch diameter hose and attachments can handle larger messes quicker and easier than less powerful vacuums with smaller hoses.
- 16 gallon tank size means less emptying of tank compared to smaller tank sizes
- The vacuum quickly converts into a 170 MPH blower when you insert hose into rear exhaust port
- Includes vacuum, 2 1/2-inch x 7-Foot Pos I Lock hose, 2 extension wands, utility nozzle, car nozzle, wet nozzle, and #17816 standard pleated paper filter
6. WORKSHOP Wet Dry Vac WS1400CA High Power Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner, 14-Gallon Shop Vacuum Cleaner, 6.0 Peak HP Wet And Dry Vacuum
Rough terrain mobility, reduced noise, high performance and rugged 2-piece drum construction for stability are the hallmarks of this wet dry vacuum cleaner.
- Ergonomic handle and large rear wheels allow for easy transport over rough terrain and stairs
- Take this shop vacuum cleaner anywhere!
- 2-1/2-Inch x 7-Foot Dual-Flex locking hose offers 180 Degree flexibility at both hose ends
- Locking tab keeps hose connected to the wet dry vacuum cleaner during use
- Qwik Lock Filter Fastening System allows quick and easy wet dry vacuum filter changes and contains an auto shut-off float mechanism that helps prevent overflow during wet pickups
- Accessory and hose storage keeps vacuum attachments within easy reach, and the Roll Tight locking sleeve keeps wet dry vacuum cleaner accessories securely connected
- Covered with a 5-year limited warranty
7. DEWALT DCV581H 18/20-Volt MAX Cordless/Corded Wet-Dry Vacuum
The DEWALT DCV581H 18/20v MAX Cordless/Corded Wet-Dry Vacuum has the ability to provide cordless or corded operation powered by either an 18v or 20v MAX battery or an AC outlet.
- It features a HEPA rated wet/dry filter that traps dust with 99.97% efficiency at 1 micron
- The filter is easily accessible, washable/reusable (use tap or water rinse to clean)
- This unit has a heavy-duty crush-resistant fully integrated 5′ (by 1-1/4″ diameter) hose which provides durability, flexibility and ease of use
- The on-board hose and accessory storage makes the vacuum easy to carry and transport
- Also comes with a crevice tool attachment and a wide nozzle tool attachment
- Battery and charger sold separately
8. Milwaukee 0880-20 18-Volt Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum
Working on all Milwaukee 18-volt slide-on batteries, Li-ion or NiCd, the 0880-20 wet/dry vacuum offers long continuous run time and high air power and suction to provide quick and easy removal of dust, debris and water.
A washable, reusable wet/dry filter using CleanStream 1 filtration technology delivers excellent fine dust collection and does not need to be changed between wet and dry applications
- The stackable too-poundsox design, on-board hose and accessory storage offer excellent portability and convenience, a built-in blower port allows the vacuum to double as a blower, and the 1-¼-inch hose allows standard vacuum attachments to be fastened
- It includes vacuum, filter, hose, a crevice tool, and a wide nozzle
- Battery Pack & charger NOT INCLUDED
9. Vacmaster 5 Gallon, 5 Peak HP, with 2-Stage Motor, Wet/Dry Vacuum, Wall Mountable and with Remote Control
This Vacmaster is the perfect garage vac wall mount system. It’s ideal for the home, garage or basement and easily detaches from the wall for portable cleaning anywhere.
- This powerful 5 Peak HP wet/dry vac comes with a dual-turbo industrial motor which supplies maximum suction, quiet operation and long life
- The easy to use remote control on/off switch located on the handle save you time and footsteps
- It also comes with 21 feet of hose, a 20 foot cord and on-board storage for all tools
10. PowerSmith PAVC101 10 Amp Ash Vacuum
The PowerSmith PAVC101 Ash Vacuum is specifically designed to clean warm and cool ash out of fireplaces, wood stoves, pellet stoves, and barbeque grills.
- The washable, replaceable and heat-resistant 2-stage filter system with sonic welded seams captures the finest ashes
- The metal-lined hose and metal canister withstand high temperatures and prevent fire hazards
- The powerful 10 Amp motor has a noise level of only 79 db
- Additional accessories, casters and a 16 foot cord allows use as a regular shop vacuum
11. DEWALT Bare-Tool DC515B 18-Volt Cordless 1/2 Gallon Wet/Dry Portable Vacuum (Tool Only, No Battery)
The DEWALT DC515B 18-volt cordless 1/2-gallon wet/dry portable vac makes your shop or jobsite cleanups quick and easy. Powered by DEWALT exclusive extended run time batteries, this wet/dry vac features a durable tank that’s suitable for both wet and dry messes. For added convenience the wet/dry vac features a flexible hose, a front utility nozzle, and a washable Gore filter. It’s powered by DEWALT’s 18-volt cordless batteries (not included).
- Lightweight, portable, and cordless design
- Wet and dry performance with 1/2-gallon tank
- Front utility nozzle and a durable, extendable rubber hose
- Bare tool–doesn’t include battery or charger
- 3-year limited warranty