Cordless Circular Saws are best suited for cutting wood given its battery limitations. It can cut through tough materials, however it uses more power and therefore drains batteries quickly. The size of cordless saws ranges from 5-3/8 to 6-1/2 inches.
- Pros: less expensive, convenient, portable, light weight, no extension cords, smaller than most corded saws, work well in confined spaces, no need carry generators, eliminates danger and expense of cutting through the saw’s cord
- Cons: less power, limit of batteries, small capacity, suite for cutting wood products, limit of sizes
- 11 Best Cordless Circular Saws 2017
- 1. DEWALT DC300K 36-Volt 7-1/4-Inch Lithium Ion Cordless Circular Saw Kit
- 2. Makita XSH01X 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion 36V Cordless 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw Kit
- 3. Milwaukee 0730-22 V28 Lithium Ion 6-1/2-Inch Cordless Circular Saw
- 4. Hilti 3482502 SCW 18-A CPC 18-volt Cordless Circular Saw with Tool Bag
- 5. Makita XSH03Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 6-1/2″ Circular Saw, Bare Tool Only
- 6. DEWALT DCS391M1 20V Max Li-Ion Circular Saw Kit
- 7. Bare-Tool Bosch 1671B 36-Volt Circular Saw (Tool Only, No Battery)
- 8. Hitachi C18DSLP4 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw (Tool Only, No Battery)
- 9. Makita XSC02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Metal Cutting Saw, 5-7/8″
- 10. PORTER-CABLE PCC660B 20V Max Lithium Bare 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw
- 11. Makita SH01ZW 12V max Lithium-Ion Cordless 3-3/8″ Circular Saw, Tool Only
1. DEWALT DC300K 36-Volt 7-1/4-Inch Lithium Ion Cordless Circular Saw Kit
The DEWALT DC300K cordless circular saw provides the ultimate in power, performance, and portability. Designed specifically to meet the demands of professional contractors, this full-size 7-1/4-inch saw is powered by an ultra-high-output 36-volt lithium-ion battery that allows you to keep cutting long after other cordless saws have stopped. DEWALT’s high-capacity battery offers longer-lasting charges and up to 2,000 recharges. This circular saw also features a keyless blade change system that makes changing blades quick and easy, a high-efficiency motor with electric brake, and a lever-action bevel with markers at 22.5 and 45 degrees for easy recognition of common angles. The carbide-tipped blade and high-strength magnesium shoe provide increased cutting capacity and accuracy.
- 7-1/4-inch carbide-tipped blade for increased cutting capacity at 90 degrees and 45 degrees
- Keyless lever-action blade clamp for quick and easy blade changes
- 0-50 degree bevel capacity with lever-action detents at 22.5 degrees and 45 degrees allows for aggressive bevel cuts while allowing users to locate common angles quickly
- DEWALT-built, high-power, high-efficiency motor with electric brake is powerful enough for the toughest applications
- High-strength magnesium shoe and upper guard provides increased durability for long-term cut accuracy
2. Makita XSH01X 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion 36V Cordless 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw Kit
Makita XSH01X 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36V) Cordless 7-1/4″ Circular Saw Kit. The Makita-built motor delivers 4,800 RPM for fast cutting and ripping. The two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries deliver the power and performance of a corded saw without leaving the 18V LXT platform. The two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries deliver up to 2.5X more cuts per charge Reinforced magnesium base for durability. It weighs only 10.1 lbs. with batteries for operator comfort.
- Large cutting capacity (2-5/8” at 90°) and bevel capacity (0°- 50°) with a positive stop at 45°
- Rubberized soft grip handles for increased comfort
- Large rubberized levers for quick and easy depth and bevel adjustments
- On-board blade wrench for convenience
- Flat motor housing design for stability when changing the blade
- Built-in dust blower cleans the line of cut for operator accuracy
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
3. Milwaukee 0730-22 V28 Lithium Ion 6-1/2-Inch Cordless Circular Saw
The Milwaukee 0730-22 28-volt lithium-ion 6 1/2-inch cordless woodcutting circular saw features the power, cutting speed, and run time of a corded tool, with the convenience of a cordless tool. No more downtime with cut cords or cords to trip on while working in precarious locations. The 0730-22 comes standard with tactile grips for more control while cutting. The lightweight magnesium guards reduce unnecessary weight without compromising operation, while the high-strength aircraft aluminum shoe resists bending for accuracy and dependability. What’s in the box: Milwaukee 0730-22 M28 cordless circular saw, 2 28-volt lithium-ion batteries, a 1-hour charger, circular saw blade, rip fence, and allen key.
- Revolutionary 28-volt lithium-ion technology
- 4200-rpm provides exceptional cutting power
- Fast acting electric brake improves productivity
- Tactile grips on both handles allow for added control during operation
- High strength aircraft aluminum shoe resists bending for accurate, precise cutting
4. Hilti 3482502 SCW 18-A CPC 18-volt Cordless Circular Saw with Tool Bag
More work per charge. Smoother operation while ripping 8 foot plywood. Easy to read markings and easy to use adjustments. Designed to cut wood and plastic. Electric blade brake stops the tool quickly when trigger is released. Also includes 2 batteries, charger and tool bag.
- No load speed 4000 rpm
- Max cutting depth 2-1/4-Inch
- Cutting depth at 45-Degree: 1-5/8-Inch
- 6-1/2-Inch blade diameter; 5/8-Inch arbor
5. Makita XSH03Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 6-1/2″ Circular Saw, Bare Tool Only
Makita is the innovation leader in brushless motor technology, and the 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 6-1/2″ Circular Saw (model XSH03Z, tool only, battery and charger sold separately) combines power and run-time for faster cutting and ripping – without the cord. The XSH03Z is equipped with Automatic Speed Change Technology, which adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance. The Makita BL Brushless Motor is engineered for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- BL Motor delivers 5,000 RPM for faster cutting and ripping
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 13-3/4″ long
- Weighs only 7.3 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Large cutting capacity (2-1/4″ at 90Degree) and bevel capacity (0Degree- 50Degree)
6. DEWALT DCS391M1 20V Max Li-Ion Circular Saw Kit
DEWALT DCS391M1 20V MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw Kit (4.0 Ah) features a powerful 460 MWO, 3700 rpm motor delivers power and speed to make the most demanding cuts with ease. Its high strength and lightweight magnesium shoe provides jobsite durability for long-term cut accuracy and the 0Degree-50Degree bevel capacity allows for aggressive bevel cuts for a multitude of applications. It has a 6-1/2″ carbide tipped blade for cutting 2x material at 90Degree and 45Degree and more cuts per charge. An optimized rubber overmolded comfort grip delivers optimal balance and control. This unit uses a 20V MAX Lithium Ion 4.0 AH battery which offers long life and extended use.
- Powerful 460 MWO, 3700 rpm motor delivers power and speed
- High strength and lightweight magnesium shoe
- 0Degree-50Degree bevel capacity allows for aggressive bevel cuts
- 6-1/2″ carbide tipped blade for cutting 2x material at 90Degree and 45Degree
7. Bare-Tool Bosch 1671B 36-Volt Circular Saw (Tool Only, No Battery)
36-Volt 6-1/2 in. Cordless Circular Saw Kit. Highest torque in its class. Fastest saw in its category – 26 percent faster than competition. Motor Able to complete a plunge cut in 4×4 and continue with cut – 0-4,000 RPM with electronic brakeBosch 1671B 36V Litheon 6 1/2″ Circular Saw.
- Rafter hook Only saw in its class with hook, for easy placement after cut.
- Soft-grip handle Provides increased comfort and control
- Battery Insertion Spring loaded, easy to engage and replace battery
- 0-50° Bevel Allows for aggressive bevel cuts and locating common angles quickly
- Anti-Snag Guard Specially designed for smooth cutting
8. Hitachi C18DSLP4 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw (Tool Only, No Battery)
The Hitachi C18DSLP4 Lithium-Ion Cordless 18-Volt Circular Saw (Tool Only, No Battery) combines comfort and convenience with power and precision. It is compatible with all Hitachi 18-volt, Lithium-Ion slide-type batteries (sold separately) and is capable of generating a no-load speed of 3,400-RPM from its lightweight and compact body. The innovative design and soft grip handle prevent fatigue, while the 6-1/2-inch blade’s left side position and built-in spotlight increase visibility of the cut line.
- 50 degree bevel angle adjusts to meet the application
- Soft grip handle for improved comfort and less fatigue
- Fan cooled motor for longer run times and consistent power
- Electric brake for increased safety and precision
- Left mounted 6-1/2″ blade for accessibility and convenient blade changes
- Built-in spotlight for improved visibility of the cut line
- Lightweight at 6.2 lbs for easy maneuverability
- Recommended battery – 330139, Recommended charger – UC18YKSL
- Covered by Hitachi’s Lifetime Lithium Ion Tool Warranty
9. Makita XSC02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Metal Cutting Saw, 5-7/8″
Makita is the leader in brushless motor technology, and the Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 5-7/8″ Metal Cutting Saw (model XSC02Z, tool only) delivers more metal-cutting power to the job site. The XSC02Z has a Makita-built brushless motor and a compact design for faster metal cutting through Unistrut, all thread, channel, corrugated, conduit, pipe, sheet metal, square tubing, steel and more. It’s ideal for electrical, HVAC, installation, metal building, metal fabrication, plumbing, metal roofing, and any pro-contractor who requires a best-in-class engineered cordless metal cutting saw.
- BL Motor delivers 3,900 RPM for faster cutting
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- Cuts a wide range of metals including Unistrut, all thread, channel, conduit, pipe, sheet metal, square tubing, steel and more
- Compact, ergonomic design at 13-1/8″ long
- Weighs only 6.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
10. PORTER-CABLE PCC660B 20V Max Lithium Bare 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw
The PORTER-CABLE PCC660B 20V Max Lithium Bare 6-1/2″ Circular Saw features a high-performance motor delivers 4000 RPM’s for aggressive cutting. It has a 6-1/2″ carbide tooth blade which delivers a 2-1/8′ cutting capacity for a variety of cutting applications. The beveling shoe pivots up to 50 degrees for non-traditional cutting applications. This saw also offers a contoured over molded handle optimized for increased user comfort. This compact saw helps reduce jobsite fatigue as it weighs in at only 6.5 lbs. This unit is a part of the 20V Max System; a high performance cordless platform! (This is a bare-tool item – battery sold separately).
- High-Performance Motor delivers 4000 RPM’s for aggressive cutting
- 6-1/2″ Carbide Tooth Blade delivers a 2-1/8′ cutting capacity
- Beveling Shoe pivots up to 50 degrees
- Contoured Over molded Handle
11. Makita SH01ZW 12V max Lithium-Ion Cordless 3-3/8″ Circular Saw, Tool Only
The SH01ZW is another 12V max Lithium-Ion cordless solution that delivers pro power and pro speed in an ultra-compact size. The 12V max 3-3/8″ Circular Saw is ideal for a range of cutting applications, and is the perfect addition to any tool box or tool belt. The SH01ZW is powered by Makita’s 12V max Lithium-Ion battery. The 12V max Lithium-Ion Cordless 3-3/8″ Circular Saw (SH01ZW) has a no-load speed of 1,400 RPM with depth adjustment, a bevel capacity of 0-45 degrees, and a maximum cutting depth of 1-inch (90 degrees) and 5/8-inch (45 degrees). The blower function keeps the line-of-cut clear for improved visibility, and the soft grip handle and compact design (only 3.3 pounds, with battery) provides increased comfort on the job. The SH01ZW is an ultra-compact cordless solution for a wide range of cutting tasks, and is ideal for maintenance professionals, repairmen, remodelers, electricians, cabinet installers, and any general contractor seeking an ultra-compact cordless circular saw with pro power and pro speed. This models is sold as BARE TOOL only, no charger or battery.
- Up to 70 Cuts of 1/2″ x 12″ Plywood Per Charge
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,400 RPM for faster cutting
- 3-3/8″ blade delivers a maximum cutting depth of 1″ for a wide range of cutting applications
- Adjustable cutting depth from 1″ at 90Degree and 5/8″ at 45Degree
- Tilting base for bevel cuts from 0Degree – 45Degree
- Circular saw reviews and buying guide 2017
- Best Corded Circular Saws 2017
- Best Sidewinder Circular Saws 2017
- Best Worm Drive Circular Saws 2017