When it comes to the best in class tool making, Milwaukee holds one of the top positions. Another example of the compact design and amazing work quality is the Milwaukee 6242-6 Compact Band Saw Kit. The band saw is a very well-balanced one suitable to be used for cutting materials in tight spaces.
Due to its light nature, it significantly reduces the strain on your arm and you can easily hold and carry this band saw to work. It assists in your work efficiently and is convenient because of its low vibrations and the gentle handling of the thread. Comes with a gear case made of cast aluminium that withstands jobsite abuse as well as maintains an optimum gear positioning.
The Saw Kit works on a 7-amp motor, you can choose the speed according to your work and material as it includes a variable speed dial, the speed can be adjusted in the range between 200 and 360 SFPM. The band saw is capable of cutting a number of materials that includes angle iron, strut, threaded rod, copper and conduit. The maximum cutting capacity of the bandsaw is 3 1/4 inches and it cuts almost all the materials for plumber, electrician and mechanical cutting applications.
The Milwaukee 6242-6 is fitted with a 35 3/8 inches long blade. Another amazing feature is its blade ejection system. The system allows you switch between blades with ease simply by bringing the material guide upwards and pressing the blade ejection button. An adjustable material guide is included which can be used while trying to make a cut flush to the wall or ceiling. Without using any additional tools, the material guide can be adjusted as and when required.
The Milwaukee 6242-6 is integrated with a LED work light to help you working in dark environments. The Milwaukee 6242-6 comes with an eight foot long power cord that reduces any restrictions while using it. It includes a pulley guard which is drop resistant featuring engineered geometries and a high impact polymer. The tool is 16 inches long and weighs 9.5 pounds. It is packaged with a case so to allow you store the tools safely and in an organized manner.
The amazing features of the Milwaukee 6242-6 Band Saw Kit make it an extremely suitable device to be used at work and achieve the best possible results with the minimum efforts. This is the reason that tools by Milwaukee have always been the favorite of hardware professionals, constructors, shop owners, contractors as well as the household users. You only have to get a Milwaukee tool once and can rest assured for years because of its durability and the ability to work for very long. The Milwaukee 6242-6 Compact Band Saw Kit is the perfect demonstration of quality as well as dependability and this makes it amazingly appreciable by everyone who uses this tool. It is undoubtedly the best handheld saw and is a complete value for money.
- 45% Lighter than Deep Cut – 9.5 Lbs compact lightweight design for cutting overhead and in tight places.
- 200-360 SFPM Variable Speed Dial – adjusts the speed for more accurate cuts and hard materials
- 3-1/4″ Cut Capacity – cuts most common materials for Electrician, Plumber and Mechanical cutting applications. Single pass cut on 3″ copper, 3″ angle iron, 2-1/2″ conduit.
- Tool-Free Adjustable Material Shoe – quickly adjusts the shoe and allows flush cuts when working with installed materials against walls and ceilings.
- LED Work Light – illuminates the cut line in tight spaces and dark areas.
- Blade Ejection System-Quickly change the blade by moving the material guide into the up position and depressing the blade ejection button.
- Drop Resistant Pulley Guard-Engineered geometries & high impact polymer.
- Cast Aluminum Gear Case-Withstands jobsite abuse & maintains gear positioning.
- Length: 16″
- Weight: 9.5 lbs
- Voltage: 120V AC
- Cord Type: 3-Wire
- Cord Length: 8′
- Amps: 7
- Capacity: 3-1/4″ X 3-1/4″
- Keyless Adjustable Shoe: Yes
- Blade: 35 3-8 Inch
- SFPM: 200/360
- Blade Length: 35-3/8” x ½” x .020″
- 5 Year Warranty
- Band saw buying guide 2017
- Best Benchtop Bandsaws 2017
- Best Stand Mounted Bandsaws 2017
- Best Floor Standing Bandsaws 2017