The band saw is a tool that should be in every wood shop. This is because it is very versatile. It has many uses, which include ripping lumber, re-sawing lumber, and cutting curves with precision as well as joinery like tenons and dovetails. The 14-inch band saw is the most popular type of saw of this kind, which most workshops have available. Its popularity can be attributed to the fact that the saw maintains the perfect balance between performance and price for an average woodworking shop in any home.
1. RIKON Power Tools 10-326 14″ Deluxe Bandsaw
14″ Deluxe Bandsaw which provides woodworkers with a full 13-5/8″ wide and 13″ high cutting capacity. The increased 1-3/4HP, 115/230 dual volt motor, with two blade speeds of 2,950 or 1,445 ft/min, provides ample power for re-sawing and cutting lumber, plus, a variety of other materials such as non-ferrous metal, plastics, composites or foam.
- Three Innovative, Patent Pending features make adjusting this redesigned band saw easier than ever before!
- Spring Loaded, Tool-Less Blade Guides – easy & fast setting of the guides without wrenches!
- Quick-Adjust Rip Fence – adjusts for drift with the simple turning of a few knobs! No tools needed
- Quick-Lock Table Trunnion System – handy lever and gear unlock and set table angles in seconds!
- Extra Tall Rip Fence – Increased fence and re-saw bar heights of 6” give added support of lumber being ripped or re-sawn
2. JET J-8201K 14-Inch 115-Volt Single Phase Vertical Metal/Wood Bandsaw
This 14-inch single-phase vertical metal/wood bandsaw (model J-8201K / 414500K) features a cast iron frame, solid, one-piece steel base for extra stability and an exclusive gear box design that allows this band saw to be used for a wider variety of metal, wood, non-ferrous metal and plastic cutting applications.
- Exclusive gear box design allows for a wider variety of metal, wood, non-ferrous metal and plastic cutting applications
- Solid, one-piece steel, base for extra stability
- 1 HP, one-phase 115/230-volt motor (prewired 115 volts)
- Cast iron frame
- Conveniently located on/off switch
3. Laguna Tools MBAND1412-175 14 x 12 Bandsaw
This is Laguna’s first foray into the 110 Volt segment. The result is an amazing feat. Features include pyramid spine, 1 3/4 HP TEFC Motor, quick release tension, 115 volt outlet and micro polished 21″ X 16″ table mounted onto oversized Trunion paired with Aluminum Hi/Low Fence. Solid Cast Wheels are electronically, dynamically balanced and fitted with polyurethane one-piece tires designed to run cooler and last longer than conventional tires. The worm gear and pinion is ultra-smooth and engineered to have minimum flex even when fully extended. This is a trade mark of Laguna, just like the famous ceramic Laguna guides. Double windows allows you to check both tension and tracking while the machine is running.
- Motor: 13/4hp, tefc, 60hz., voltage: 115v, amperage: 14/7 (115/230v), 6′ cord with nema 5-15p plug
- CSA certified, illuminated on/off direct start switch with safety key, pre-wired 115v outlet for light
- Steel frame construction, pyramid spine, cast iron wheels, cast iron 211/2″ x 16″ micro-polished table surface
- Resaw capacity: 12″, throat capacity: 13 5/8″ , blade length: 115″, , aluminum rip fence: 18″ x 5 1/2″ x 1/2″
- Heavy duty cast iron trunion 8″ x 13″, table tilts right: 45 degree, left: 7 degree, positive stop at 90 degree with micro adjust
4. Powermatic 1791216K Model PWBS-14CS Deluxe 14-Inch 1-3/4-Inch Woodworking Bandsaw
With an extra large, two-piece cast-iron table and balanced nine-spoke cast-iron wheel, the Powermatic PWBS-14CS 14-Inch Woodworking Band Saw is a capable, user-friendly machine ideal for professional woodworkers and hobbyists. Its rugged design offers uncompromising accuracy and durability; while a host of innovative features let users tackle a range of heavy-duty jobs with precision and control.
- 14-inch band saw; built-in air pump clears chips; fully enclosed motor for longevity
- 1-1/2-horsepower motor; table tips 45-degrees right and 10-degrees left
- Solid steel and cast-iron construction for durability; built-in halogen lamp
- Includes saw, motor, blade, foot brake, work light, rip fence, mitre-gauge, chip blower
- 15-inch by 15-inch table; 44-inch table height; 20 by 34 by 68 total dimensions; 203-pounds; 1-year warranty
5. Rikon 10-325 14-Inch Deluxe Band Saw
Designed to give you options for cutting wood and non-ferrous materials, the award-winning RIKON 10-325 14-Inch Deluxe Bandsaw offers a large, cast iron work table, ball-bearing blade guides, and a powerful 1-1/2-horsepower motor with two speeds. With convenient features such as quick release blade tension, dust ports, and viewing windows to help with adjustments, this precision bandsaw also includes a heavy-duty rip fence with re-saw bar.
- Two speeds offer a variety of cutting applications
- Large work table tilts and locks into place
- Edge-facing thrust bearings extend blade and bearing life and improve stability
- Heavy-duty rip fence includes re-saw bar
- 13-inch re-saw capacity
- Two-year limited warranty
6. JET JWBS-14DXPRO 14-Inch Deluxe Pro Band Saw Kit
Boasting updated, innovative features that provide reliable precision while rendering the riser block obsolete, the JWBS-14DXPRO 14-Inch Deluxe Pro Band Saw Kit from Jet tackles even the toughest resawing jobs measuring up to 12 inches. A host of helpful details, including a high tension spring design, gives you more power and control for clean, accurate cuts, and sturdy construction ensures optimum durability for long-term use.
- Built-in 12-Inch resaw capacity for cutting larger pieces of wood
- 2 Speed poly-v belt drive system
- Newly designed upper and lower cast iron frame for increased strength and rigidity
- Easy to view blade tracking window
- Blade guide post with rack and pinion adjustment
7. Shop Fox W1706 14″ Bandsaw With Cast Iron Wheels & Deluxe Aluminum Fence
They took the most popular bandsaw size and added many features found only on much larger and more expensive machines. Features such as extruded-aluminum fence and rails, quick-release blade tension, miter gauge, upper and lower ball bearing blade guides, enclosed cabinet stand, hinged wheel covers, 4″ dust port, and a 1 HP motor are all standard. And, with its cast -iron frame and table, this bandsaw will be a reliable shop fixture for many years to come.
- Motor: 1 HP, TEFC, 110V/220V, single-phase, 1,725 RPM, Amps: 14 @ 110V, 7 @ 220V
- Blade size: 93-1/2-Inch (1/8-Inch to 3/4-Inch wide)
- Table size: 14-Inch by 14-Inch by 1-1/2-Inch
- Cutting capacity (throat): 13-1/2-Inch, Maximum cutting height: 6-Inch (12-Inch with optional extension kit D3348)
- Cast iron blade wheels, frame and table.
8. WEN 3966 Two-Speed Band Saw with Stand and Worklight, 14″
The WEN 14-Inch Two-Speed Band Saw is the perfect companion for any workshop. It comes backed by a two-year warranty. Remember when you had a versatile and powerful woodworking saw? Remember WEN.
- 9.5 amp motor creates cuts up to 8.85 Inch deep and 9-3/4 Inch wide
- Uses 100-3/4 inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 1 Inch in size
- Spacious 21-1/2 x 15-3/4 inch work table bevels up to 45 degrees
- Operates at two speeds of either 1480 or 3280 FPM
- Includes a 2-year warranty, a blade tension gauge, a circle cutting guide, a flexible work light, a 3-in-1 dust port, a fence, and a miter gauge
9. Delta 28-400 14 in. 1 HP Steel Frame Band Saw
14-Inch 1HP Steel Frame Band Saw. @ speeds for added convenience, Heavy Duty Steel Frame Construction. All Ball Bearing upper and lower Guides. 2 Durable aluminum, rubber tireed, 9 spoke precision balanced wheels for superior blade tracking. Dust brush on lower wheel keeps blades clean; poly v-belt drive for smooth operation. Over sized table 15 3/4-Inch by 18 7/8-Inch precision ground cast iron; 4-Inch intregral dust port. Takes a standard 93 1/2-Inch blade.
- Heavy duty steel frame design reduces flexing and features a superior finish and aluminum trunnion table support for long-lasting durability
- 1 HP, 115V/230V, 1 phase TEFC motor with 2 speeds: 1,620 FPM and 3,340 FPM for wood and non-ferrous metal cutting
- Two-speed pulley with easy tensioning system
- Durable aluminum, rubber-coated upper and lower 9 spoke wheels are precision balanced for superior blade tracking
- Oversized 15 3/4 in. x 18 7/8 in. precision ground cast iron table with t-slot miter capability tilts 3° left to 45° right with a positive stop at 90°
10. Grizzly G0555LANV 14-Inch Deluxe Bandsaw, Anniversary Edition
The G0555LANV 14″ Deluxe Bandsaw has many of the same great specifications and features as our extremely popular G0555, but with the following notable differences: Computer-balanced cast-iron wheels and Sturdy T-shape fence design. Certified meeting UL & CSA standards!
- All ball bearing construction
- Cast-iron frame
- Precision-ground cast-iron table
- Computer balanced cast-iron wheels with rubber tires
- 4″ dust port
- Upper and lower ball bearing blade guides and thrust bearings
- Open frame stand
- Includes 3/8″ blade and miter gauge
- Rack-and-pinion guide post adjustment for upper blade guides
- Band saw reviews and buying guide 2017
- Best Portable Band Saw 2017
- Best Benchtop Bandsaws 2017
- Best Floor Standing Bandsaws 2017