The motor in Worm Drive Circular Saw is situated at the right angle of the saw blade. It utilizes gears to increase torque that is transferred to the blade.
- Recommended applications: extremely demanding professional, home applications (such as framing)
- Pros: more power, heavy duty, corded, quietly, for ambidextrous, easy to follow a cutline, plunge cuts, cut through difficult materials
- Cons: heavy, more expensive
- 7 Best Worm Drive Circular Saws 2017
- 1. Big Foot SBFX BF 15 Amp 10-1/4-Inch Wormdrive Circular Saw
- 2. ROBERT BOSCH TOOL GROUP SPT70WM-22 Skilsaw 10-1/4″Circular Saw
- 3. Bosch CSW41 7-1/4-Inch Worm Drive Circular Saw
- 4. SKIL SHD77 15 Amp 7-1/4-Inch Worm Drive SKILSAW Saw
- 5. DEWALT DWS535T 7-1/4-Inch Worm Drive Circular Saw with Twistlock Plug
- 6. Milwaukee 6391-21 15 Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Blade on Left
- 7. Makita 5377MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Hypoid Saw
1. Big Foot SBFX BF 15 Amp 10-1/4-Inch Wormdrive Circular Saw
Includes 36T CT Blade . Made by a framer for framers. Has a 3-3/4 in. depth of cut and will cut any 4x material at one time. It will cut your 4x headers, 2x sandwich headers, exposed beams, decks, porches, fence posts, etc. A must for decking or fencing. Cut all your roof blocks, joist blocks and fire blocks. Uses a 10 inch Thin Kerf Blade. Comes with 77 Skil saw motor, 10 in. blade and guard kit.
- Has 3-3/4-inch depth of cut and will cut any 4-times the material in one pass
- Will cut 4-times the leaders, 2-times the sandwich leaders, and exposed beams
- Will cut roof blocks, joist blocks, and fire blocks
- Made by a framer for framers
- Uses a 10-inch thin kerf blade; comes with 77 Skil saw motor, 10-inch blade, and guard kit
2. ROBERT BOSCH TOOL GROUP SPT70WM-22 Skilsaw 10-1/4″Circular Saw
Skil saw, sawsquatch, 15A, 10-1/4″, magnesium, worm drive, Circular saw, for cutting 4 times cleanly in 1 pass, powerful 15A dual field motor easily tackles LVL, glulam, pine & PSL wood, magnesium motor housing stabilizes drive train for longer life, legendary Skil saw worm drive gearing for a lifetime of performance, includes: 40 tooth Diablo carbide blade & multi-function wrench.
- Sharp and thin saw
- This product satisfies the customer requirement
- Manufacture in China
3. Bosch CSW41 7-1/4-Inch Worm Drive Circular Saw
Operating at 15-Amps and weighing just 13.2 pounds, the CSW41 Worm Drive Construction Saw is a lightweight saw that doesn’t compromise durability and power. This model features sturdy magnesium housing and a die-cast magnesium footplate for true strength and a lifetime of reliable use. Five ball bearings provide added stability, strength and life to the motor and worm drive gears. An advanced oil lubrication system also helps to ensure longer gear life. The lightweight design reduces user fatigue, while soft grip on the main handle delivers unmatched comfort and control in a wide variety of applications such as concrete form-building, bridge building, framing, sheathing and deck building. With large bevel capacity of up to 53 degrees and a positive stop at 45 degrees, easy-to-access metal depth and bevel adjustment levers allow users to make quick modifications for multiple cuts and advanced projects. An on-board multi-function wrench allows users to conveniently change blades, brushes and oil, adjust levers and remove the blade diamond knock out, while a built-in saw hook allows for convenient storage between cuts.
- Better Comfort and Control: Magnesium construction delivers a lighter weight saw to reduce user fatigue
- Built-In Saw Hook: Allows convenient storage between cuts
- On-board Multi-Function Wrench: For blade and brush change, lever adjustments and blade diamond knockout
- Anti-Snag Lower Guard: Provides smooth operation for small cut-off pieces
- High Torque: All ball bearing powerful 15-amp motor provides power for a variety of applications, matched with worm drive gearing
4. SKIL SHD77 15 Amp 7-1/4-Inch Worm Drive SKILSAW Saw
It upholds SKIL’s long tradition of quality, rugged durability and exceptional cutting performance. This updated model features lighter weight construction to reduce user fatigue and the 15 Amp motor lets you power through tough jobs in less time. With the included Diablo blade to tackle even the most challenging cuts, the saw features a cut-ready depth of cut system to ensure quick, accurate measurements every time.
- 20 amp switch and heavy gauge cord
- Anti-Snag Lower Guard reduces snags
- Die-cast aluminum motor and gear housings for durability
- Push button blade lock for easy blade changes
- Two position saw hook for safe rafter placement
5. DEWALT DWS535T 7-1/4-Inch Worm Drive Circular Saw with Twistlock Plug
It is designed with Lightweight magnesium construction (13.8 lbs) for optimum user handling, comfort, and strength. A durable cast magnesium footplate provides a tough and solid cutting platform. The extra wide saw hook accepts material up to 2-1/2″ wide. It features the TOUGHCORD™ Cord Protection System which provides 4X better cord jerk protection. This unit has a 53° Bevel capacity for advanced applications, and Bevel detents at 22.5° and 45° for fast and accurate setting to common angles. This saw is designed with dual rip ports to accept available DWS5100 12″ Dual Port Rip Guide. It also features a top-accessible spindle lock that enables easier and faster blade changing. There is a twistlock grounded plug pre-installed for jobsites with twistlock requirement.
- 13.8 lbs. Lightweight magnesium construction for optimum user handling, comfort, and strength
- Durable cast magnesium footplate provides a tough and solid cutting platform
- Extra wide saw hook accepts material up to 2-1/2-inch wide
- TOUGHCORD Cord Protection System provides 4X better cord jerk protection
- 53 degree Bevel capacity for advanced applications; Bevel detents at 22.5 degree and 45 degree for fast and accurate setting to common angles
6. Milwaukee 6391-21 15 Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Blade on Left
For starters, the 6391 has a monster 15-amp, 5,800-rpm motor that produces 3-1/4 horsepower; that’s nearly as powerful as a worm-drive saw, yet this 7-1/4-inch Milwaukee model is more than one third lighter. Look closely and you’ll notice that the blade is mounted on the left side of the motor. That southpaw position gives right-handed users a much clearer view of the cutting line since they no longer have to lean over their arm to see the blade. The 10.4-pound saw’s thick aluminum shoe tilts up to 50 degrees for bevel cutting. The 6391 is also equipped with Milwaukee’s exclusive Tilt-Lok handle that can be adjusted to the most comfortable cutting position: to the rear for vertical cutting, on top for horizontal cutting, or anywhere in between.
- Pro-duty 7-1/4-inch circular saw
- 3-1/4-horsepower, 15-amp motor; adjustable handle tilts to most comfortable position
- Left-mount blade for better cut-line visibility; extra-thick aluminum shoe bevels to 50 degrees
- Blow-molded storage case
- Limited warranty
7. Makita 5377MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Hypoid Saw
Weight is a key factor with Hypoid (rear handle) saws, and with the extensive use of magnesium, the weight of Makita’s new hypoid saw is reduced to a very competitive 13 pounds. The powerful motor employs dense windings which allowed Makita to make the overall package more compact and maneuverable.As with the 5277NB, it utilizes a precision-machined, maintenance free (never add oil) hypoid gearing system. Hypoid gears deliver more power than traditional worm drive gears found on other rear-handle saws. Includes the Makita 5377MG 7 1/4″ Magnesium Hypoid Saw.
- Durability – magnesium components create a saw with less weight (13.0 lbs.) that’s jobsite tough
- Power – 15 amp motor delivers enough power to cut through the densest lumber
- Efficiency – large cutting capacity (2-3/8 in. at 90°) with positive stops at 22.5°, 45° and 51.5°
- Convenience – retractable hook allows tool to remain close but never in the way
- Includes – carbide tipped blade and wrench
- Circular saw reviews and buying guide 2017
- Best Corded Circular Saws 2017
- Best Cordless Circular Saws 2017
- Best Sidewinder Circular Saws 2017